Wednesday 29 April 2009

Panel Beater

With hallowed radio gardening programme Gardeners' Question Time migrating to a new company soon* there are surely a few changes afoot.

So the award question is this:

Apart from Nigel Colborn, which blogger should the new GQT production company employ as a panelist?

Votes for Nigel are of course to be encouraged as well - maybe we could raise a petition.

In fact shall we all just say Nigel Colborn and be done with it?


* I understand the first programme under their aegis is to be broadcast on 31 July - although I may have been sold a duffer on that, as my source also tells me that one of the questions is from a rather genteel couple who want to know how to stop the local chavs "dogging" in the lane that runs down the side of their garden.

12 comments:

  1. Nigel Colborn and be done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh and what about Matthew Wilson?

    Not strictly a blogger, but he has done a couple of guest spots for me.

    And he's on next week's GQT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would second Matthew Wilson - he was very good at a talk I went to recently with lots of tips etc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Victoria. Nigel Colborn, absolutely no question at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nigel - no question, but I'd like to nominate Chester Hunt as well, just to give the panel some 'balance'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously Mr Colborn, but I would also nominate Matron (veggies-only.blogspot.com) - not only does she have an amazing knowledge of raising all things edible, but it would also give the chairmab the change to saw 'oooh Matron' in his best Kenneth Williams voice and that can only be a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes - Chester Hunt! Thanks for reminding me, VP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like James to have to answer only vegetable question ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have another idea too - what about Allan Jenkins, the Observer's editor turned veg supremo. I would love to hear him talking, as his blogging is just so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emma T (Kew Guide, Boffin, Bloogiste, Cicerone etc) would be good.
    and Nigel

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm suddenly thinking Daphne Medward as she probably needs a new job and she was after all first woman ever on GQT back in the 70s

    ReplyDelete
  12. I mean of course LEDWARD sorry.

    ReplyDelete